Veterans are active and retired workers with the same concerns about a better life and a better nation as everyone else. Our veterans not only put on their country’s uniforms to protect our freedom, but they were also fighting for the things Americans and Canadians have a right to expect: good jobs, health care, retirement security, and a government that cares about working and middle-income families.
As International President and Vietnam veteran Cecil Roberts said, “Just as working families built America, so are we the ones who defend it.”
The UMWA is proud of our members who are veterans, and we are pleased to provide UMWA Veterans with these links they may find useful:
For veterans who are processing disability claims click here.
For current news articles click here.
- GI Bill and education benefits
- U.S. Department of Veteran Affairs
- Vietnam Veterans of America
- Korean War Veterans Association
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Disabled American Veterans
- American Gulf War Veterans Association
- Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America
- The Military Order of the Purple Heart
- Military Officers Association of America
- Job Opportunities for Veterans
- The American Legion
- Home Loan benefits for Veterans
- Veteran Military Mental Health
- Military Health System and Defense Health Agency