The Associate Membership is a way for a surviving spouse, family member, or general supporter of the United Mine Workers to become part of the movement to restore fairness, justice, and dignity for working families.
Anyone can join the UMWA as an Associate member for just $5 a month!
Membership includes access to benefits and services reserved for union members that you can’t get anywhere else:
- Receive the bi-monthly UMWA publication, The United Mine Workers Journal
- Full access to the United Mine Workers Digital Archives
- Annual United Mine Workers of America calendar
- Access to benefits provided by Union Plus!!
- Be recognized in the UMW Journal in the Associate Member Spotlight series!
To become a member:
There are a couple of ways to become a UMWA Associate Member!
- For surviving spouses, you can have your dues deducted from your monthly pension check. Click here to fill out the form!
- To make annual payments fill out our Associate Member Checkoff Authorization form here!
- To submit a paper application for annual payments, click here.
We are here to help!
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about becoming an Associate Member of the UMWA, fill out the form below and the International Headquarters will contact you.