The Associate Membership is a way for a surviving spouse, family member, or general supporter of the United Mine Workers to become part of the movement to restore fairness, justice, and dignity for working families.
Anyone can join the UMWA as an Associate member for just $5 a month!
Membership includes access to benefits and services reserved for union members that you can’t get anywhere else:
- Receive the bi-monthly UMWA publication, The United Mine Workers Journal
- Full access to the United Mine Workers Digital Archives
- Annual United Mine Workers of America calendar
- Access to benefits provided by Union Plus!!
- Be recognized in the UMW Journal in the Associate Member Spotlight series!
- Access to our Members Only pages on the UMWA website!
To become a member:
There are a couple of ways to become a UMWA Associate Member!
NEW! Retiree Spouses
- We will soon be offering retiree spouses the opportunity to make their monthly payments through their husband/wife’s pension check. Check back for more information!
- You can have your dues deducted from your monthly pension check. Click here to fill out the form!
- To make annual payments with ACH, click here.
- To submit a paper application for annual payments, click here.
Forms can be mailed to:
UMWA Associate Membership
18354 Quantico Gateway Drive, Suite 200
Triangle, Virginia 22172
We are here to help!
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about becoming an Associate Member of the UMWA, fill out the form below and the International Headquarters will contact you.