Associate Membership

The Associate Membership is a way for a surviving spouse, family member or general supporter of the United Mine Workers to become part of the movement to restore fairness, justice and dignity for working families.


Anyone can join the UMWA as an Associate member for just $5 a month!


Membership includes access to benefits and services reserved for union members that you can’t get anywhere else:


  • Receive the bi-monthly UMWA publication, The United Mine Workers Journal
  • Annual United Mine Workers of America calendar
  • Access to benefits provided by Union Plus!!



Print out and send in an application today! 



If you have any questions or would like to learn more about becoming an Associate Member of the UMWA, fill out the form below and the International Headquarters will contact you.