Because it works!
With a Union YOU have a say about PAY, BENEFITS, SAFETY and WORKPLACE IMPROVEMENTS.
Through a collective bargaining agreement workers are able to improve their jobs and their lives.
- Union members’ wages, on average, are 27 percent higher than non-union employees doing the same work.
- Union workers are twice as likely to have employer provided health care than non-union employees.
- It creates a legally-binding document that puts the agreement between the employer and workers in writing.
- The employer cannot simply “change their mind,” “amend policy,” or do any action that would break the collective bargaining agreement without approval from the workers.
- Workers have a strong voice and more secure and safe work environment.
- Creates a more stable and productive workforce, making the company more prosperous and a better for everyone.