If I sign an Authorization Card am I a Union Member?


The Authorization Card gives is the first step in the process for representation but not union membership.  The only way you become a union member is after winning a representation election, then negotiating an employee-approved Collective Bargaining Agreement and signing a dues checkoff form.



Contact the United Mine Workers of America!!


This is about each of you, as individuals, coming together as a group to decide to make your jobs and your lives better.

You can contact us PRIVATELY by email.

We will give you more information on the process and answer any questions you may have. Once we have enough contacts we will move the process forward.

Only you and your co-workers can make this work.

Sign Up for Email Updates