Source: Union Plus
Whether you want to stay indoors or venture outside, let’s have a blast this winter! We’ve rounded up a list of winter activities the whole family can enjoy at home.
Have a taste of winter
There’s nothing like a cup of hot cocoa or cider after a snowball fight. Keep your family warm and full with these wintertime staples.
- Make spiced cider
- Load up on hot cocoa with whipped cream, marshmallows, and chocolate sauce
- Make pancakes with hot maple syrup
- Bake a pie or cookies
- Simmer a pot of hearty stew or homemade soup
- Do family fondue night
White Chocolate Fondue Recipe
Try this decadent White Chocolate Fondue recipe from Sandra Lee. You’ll only need a handful of (union-made) ingredients! Choose from pretzels, pound cake, sliced apples, or bananas for dipping.
- 1 cup heavy cream (Dairy Fresh, Hiland Dairy, Prairie Farms)
- ½ stick of unsalted butter (Dairy Fresh, Hiland Dairy, I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, Land O’ Lakes Butter, Prairie Farms)
- 1 (12 oz.) white chocolate morsels (Hershey’s, Ghirardelli, Nestlé)
In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine cream and butter. Bring mixture to a simmer, stirring constantly. Remove pan from heat. Add white morsels. Stir until melted and smooth. Cool slightly. Transfer to a fondue pot, chafing dish, or ceramic bowl.
Spend time outdoors
Being outdoors this winter is one of the easiest and safest ways to have fun! Here are some of our top picks for outdoor winter activities.
- Go sledding down hills
- Make snow angels
- Build a snowman or snow fort
- Have an awesome snowball fight
- Take a wintry hike
- Go ice skating
- Plan a winter scavenger hunt
- Build a bonfire and make s’mores
Connect with loved ones
Make the most of your time with loved ones with these easy ideas.
- Setup a living room picnic
- Eat dinner by candlelight
- Host a themed movie marathon
- Plan a virtual game night
Try something new this year
If trying something new this year is on your resolutions list, here are some hobby ideas for you to embark on
- Take an online cooking class
- Join a virtual fitness class
- Host a virtual book club
- Take up arts and crafts