A Double Blind, Randomized, Placebo-controlled Trial Evaluating the Efficacy And Safety of Nintedanib Over 52Weeks in Patients With Progressive Fibrosing Coal Mine Dust-Induced Interstitial Lung Disease(PF-CMD-ILD)
You may be eligible to participate in a research study to help understand the safety and effectiveness of an FDA approved medication, Nintedanib, in preventing progression of Black Lung. Nintedanib has not been approved by the FDA for the treatment of Black Lung. Eligible if you:
- ARE Male or female Age 18 years or older.
- ARE Diagnosed with Black Lung (also called Coal Workers’ Pneumoconiosis) with Progressive Massive Fibrosis (PMF) or have had worsening of your lung disease.
- HAVE NOT had previous treatment with Nintedanib or Pirfenidone.
- ARE NOT currently employed in a job such as coal mining or construction where you are exposed to coal mine dust or dust containing silica, such as from rocks or concrete.
- ARE able to meet other eligibility criteria after screening by the study staff.
- ARE Willing to travel to WVU Medicine in Morgantown WV for 7 office visits and complete several telehealth visits during the 52 week study.
- Participants will be paid $22 for each visit and reimbursed for travel greater than 60 miles one way
to the WVU Clinic
How can I get more information?
You can contact the study staff below for more information.
PI: Rahul Sangani, M.D.
1 Medical Center Drive
Morgantown, WV 26506
Study Coordinator: Erica Blystone
WVU IRB Approval on file
WVU IRB #: 2107372237