Get Legal Advice Today — No Sign-up Required
Union families get access to these Legal Program benefits automatically — no enrollment forms or fees required. Simply select a participating lawyer and get access to these Legal Program benefits:
- Free Initial Consultation
Up to 30 minutes with a lawyer (in person or over the phone).
- Free Simple Document Review and Explanation
- Members can avoid mistakes by understanding what they sign. Members are provided with an oral interpretation of personal documents like leases, insurance policies and installment sales contracts.*
- Free follow-up Services
Including a simple letter or phone call, if likely to resolve a legal matter.
- Most Additional Services are Discounted by 30%
Includes lawyer’s hourly rates and flat fees for most common legal cases.
- Written fee agreement
Protecting members and preventing any surprises.
Panel Lawyers’ Expertise Areas Include:
- Family law
- Traffic matters
- Wills and estate planning
- Real estate
Legal Aid Services You Can Trust
- Selective. Lawyers are carefully screened and selected to make sure members receive the best services available.
- Labor-friendly. Many panel attorneys serving the program have been selected from lists of labor-friendly lawyers.
- Experienced. Panel attorneys average 14 years in legal practice.
- Confidential. Only your lawyer will know you are using the service.
How it Works
- Find a lawyer.
- Contact the lawyer and say are calling for the “Union Plus Legal Service.”
- Start using your Legal Help benefit.
The Union Plus Legal Service is available in the United States and Puerto Rico.
Who is Eligible?
- All dues-paying labor union members
- Union member retirees
- Union member spouses and dependent children (as defined by IRS regulations)
Join the Legal Panel
Lawyers interested in joining the panel:
- Complete this form to request information on joining the Union Plus Legal Service panel or,
- Send an email with your firm name, address, phone and areas of practice.
Recommend a Lawyer
Union members may also recommend a lawyer for the Union Plus legal panel.
- Need help finding a lawyer online?
If you are having trouble searching online, email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No participating lawyers in your area?
We realize that sometimes you may need help with a concern about using a Union Plus program. The Union Plus Member Advocacy Program, staffed by OPEIU Local 2 members, is here to help you resolve any problems. Contact us online.
Tell us about your experience. Our union member advocate will follow up on any complaints.