Source: Union Plus
Get a Free No-Obligation Money and Credit Assessment
Reliable Consumer Credit Counseling Advice and Discounts for Union Members
Certified, experienced consumer credit counseling advisers listen to you and your needs, then help you develop a plan of action for debt repayment that you can follow to help eliminate your debt. Labor union families can turn to Union Plus Credit Counseling through the non-profit Money Management International (MMI).
No confusing gimmicks or overwhelming options. Just sound advice that’ll help you stop collection agencies from controlling your financial life.
Budget Analysis and Credit Counseling
You can get a FREE consumer credit counseling session, budget analysis and money management advice to get back on the road to financial recovery. Complete a confidential request for consumer credit counseling online or call 877-833-1745 — available 24/7.
Your Free Session Covers:
- Complete financial review, including budget analysis and credit management counseling.
- Assistance in budgeting or advice on sources of additional income.
- Advice on how to work with creditors
- An Action Plan that summarizes your financial situation, provides a budget and timeline for reaching your debt management and repayment goals, and restates action items.
- Referral to a social service organization in your area, if appropriate.
- Referral to Union Plus Legal Service or Union Plus Mortgage Assistance program, if appropriate.
Consumer credit counseling is currently available in the United States, but not available in Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands, and Canada.
Who is eligible?
- Dues-paying labor union members of participating unions
- Retired labor union members
- Spouse, domestic partners, and children (age 18+) may be included. (Not eligible for monthly DMP fee rebate but will get the reduced set up fee.)
- Widows/widowers of union members
- Union Plus credit cardholders
Debt Management Plan (DMP)
After the initial credit counseling session, if you need additional assistance to eliminate debt, your counselor will develop a customized debt management plan (DMP) for you. With the Union Plus Debt Management Plan (DMP) grant, you don’t need to pay any of the DMP set-up fees. Union members who complete one year on a DMP are also eligible to apply for reimbursement of the monthly fees.
In short, a DMP allows you to make one simple monthly payment to MMI, and authorizes MMI to pay each of your creditors on your behalf based on the debt repayment plan terms negotiated with them.
MMI also works with creditors to stop collection, waive or reduce interest charges, and eliminate finance charge or late fees, wherever possible.
Union Plus Credit Counseling through the non-profit, Money Management International (MMI).