Barrick Gold Employees

Things will only change at Barrick Goldstrike and Barrick Cortez

when you decide to change them. And you can do that right now!


When is enough, enough? That’s the question Barrick Gold employees are asking themselves. And that’s why the United Mine Workers of America (UMWA) was contacted by some of your co-workers who said they need representation at their workplace.

You hold the power to make the changes you need at Barrick Gold, and the UMWA will help. But it will be up to you and your coworkers to take the first steps toward making your jobs better. Click the links below for answers to some of the questions workers have about forming a union at Barrick Gold.


FAQ’s About the Process

1.) What steps need to take place to unionize Barrick Gold?

2.) Where are we at in the process?

2.) Can Barrick fire me for organizing?

3.) If I sign an Authorization Card am I a Union Member?

4.) How much are union dues?

5.) Nevada is a “Right to Work State” does this prevent us from starting a Union at Barrick Gold?

6.) What can I expect from Barrick Gold during this process?


These are only a few of questions that have been asked.  We are ready to meet with you and discuss this process in more detail.


Contact the United Mine Workers of America!!


This is about each of you, as individuals, coming together as a group to decide to make your jobs and your lives better.

You can contact us by email, by phone at 1-888-367-8692 or by texting us at 303-807-6545.

We will give you more information on the process and answer any questions you may have. Once we have enough contacts we will move the process forward.

Only you and your co-workers can make this work.